He sent a couple of images my way from the Frankfort Cemetery, in Frankfort, Kentucky. I am currently writing Aftermath of Battle for the ECW series, and have been thinking a lot about graves and memory. With this mindset, Steve’s photos struck a poignant chord. Both are Confederate monuments. I share them here.
- Onward from Columbia: Experiences of Union Soldiers in Sherman’s Armies
- Lexington Part II – “Our troops advanced towards them, without any intention of injuring them.” Who Fired First at Lexington?
- The Many Historical Hats of Phillip S. Greenwalt
- This Preparation of Husks: Desiccated Vegetables and the Union Army
- Rebels Down Under: Conclusion
Search by Post Categories
Subscribe BY RSS