Patrick Kelly-Fischer is a lifelong student of the Civil War. He graduated from Bard College in 2009 with a B.A. in Political Studies, and began writing for Emerging Civil War in 2021. Living in Colorado, he has a particular interest in the role the Southwest played during the war, especially the 1862 New Mexico campaign. Originally from upstate NY, Pat now lives in Denver with his wife Emily, their dog Cincy, and their cat Blackbeard, where he works for a network of nonprofits. When he isn’t working, reading or writing, you can probably find him hiking or rooting for the Steelers.
2023 ECW Symposium Early Bird Ticket – $200.00
- Echoes of Reconstruction: Losing the “Lost Cause” in Historical Revisionism
- Battlefield Tours of Virginia and Emerging Civil War Series Books—Together!
- Black Fridays at the Start of the War
- Pairings, Partridges, and Pear Trees—Drink Up #5
- Civil War Cooking: “There Were Yet Left Some Good Things in Old Virginia”
Search by Post Categories
Subscribe BY RSS