- “The Irish spirit for the war is dead:” The Irish Brigade at Fredericksburg and the Battle’s Impact on New York’s Irish-American Community
- Sheridan and the Franco-Prussian War
- Political Visitors to the AoP
- Free ECW Podcast: “Civil War Magazine Publishers – Heading Back To Work!”
- A Most Peculiar Target of Naval Gunnery
Search by Post Categories
Subscribe BY RSS
Category Archives: Civil War Regiments Series
May 2nd, 1863. On this date, this famous man was shot and badly wounded at Chancellorsville Obviously not Stonewall Jackson. Instead, this is Friedrich Karl Franz Hecker, the famous Republican hero of Germany. Wait, who?
Today we return to our on-going, interactive blog series of researching your ancestor’s Civil War experience.