Daniel T. Davis graduated from Longwood University with a B.A. in Public History in 2005. He worked for five years as a historian at Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania National Military Park and Appomattox Court House National Historic Site. Dan currently resides in Fredericksburg, VA with his wife and their beagle mix, Bayla.
- Fight Like the Devil: The First Day at Gettysburg July 1, 1863. Savas Beatie 2015. (co-authored with Chris Mackowski and Kristopher D. White)
- Calamity in Carolina: The Battles of Averasboro and Bentonville, March 1865. Savas Beatie 2015. (co-authored with Phillip S. Greenwalt)
- Bloody Autumn: The Shenandoah Valley Campaign of 1864. Savas Beatie, 2014. (co-authored with Phillip S. Greenwalt)
- Hurricane from the Heavens: The Battle of Cold Harbor, May 26-June 5, 1864. Savas Beatie LLC, 2014. (co-authored with Phillip S. Greenwalt)
- “A Scary Sequel: The Battle and Ramifications of the Battle of Brawner’s Farm at Second Manassas.” Hallowed Ground. Summer 2012. (co-authored with Phillip S. Greenwalt)