Social Media & Commenting Guidelines
Emerging Civil War Social Media Guidelines & Blog Commenting Guidelines
Statement & Scope
Emerging Civil War uses Social Media to provide another avenue to give a “voice to the next generation of Civil War historians.” Using Instagram, Twitter and Facebook, Emerging Civil War is trying to achieve the following goals:
- Promote Emerging Civil War and the research published on the blog;
- Highlight historical events and people;
- Share unique places people can visit;
- Highlight tasks, work, projects you or another have been working on;
- Reach a new generation of Civil War historians.
All participants on ECW’s blog and social media are expected to demonstrate best practices and appropriate etiquette including, but not limited to the following:
ECW reserves the right to hide or remove posts that to not maintain the above guidelines. Repeat offenders risk being banned from posting on ECW’s social media pages.