Emerging Civil War Social Media Guidelines & Blog Commenting Guidelines
STATEMENT AND SCOPE
Emerging Civil War uses Social Media to provide another avenue to give a “voice to the next generation of Civil War historians”. Using Instagram, Twitter and Facebook, Emerging Civil War is trying to achieve the following goals:
- Promote Emerging Civil War and the research published on the blog;
- Highlight historical events and people;
- Share unique places people can visit;
- Highlight tasks, work, projects you or another have been working on;
- Reach a new generation of Civil War historians.
All participants on ECW’s blog and social media are expected to demonstrate best practices and appropriate etiquette including, but not limited to the following:
- All users are welcomed and encourage to comment on the content of ECW social media pages. All users are personally responsible for their content posted online. Comments posted by other users on ECW’s social media pages do not reflect the opinions or policies of ECW.
- Links to content on other websites should not be construed as an endorsement of the organizations, entities, views or content contained therein. ECW is not responsible for the content of those external websites.
- Those who comment on ECW’s posts should observe the following guidelines.
- Stay on topic.
- Do not post confidential information.
- Do not post spam or advertisements.
- Observe fair use and copyright laws.
- Always give people credit for their work.
- Do not bully or harass other users.
- Refrain from using hateful speech.
- Be respectful of others.
- Do no use vulgar language or profanity.
ECW reserves the right to hide or remove posts that to not maintain the above guidelines. Repeat offenders risk being banned from posting on ECW’s social media pages.