Steward Henderson is a historian with the Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania National Military Park. He has been in this capacity since May 2007, after spending 2 years as a volunteer. Steward retired from Sun Trust Bank as a Senior Vice President in the Retail Group of the Greater Washington Region in 2005, after a 35 year career in the financial services field. He attended Howard University, the Institute of Financial Education, the American Bankers Institute, and the Consumer Bankers Association Graduate School of Retail Bank Management. He has had a life-long interest in the Civil War and is a co-founder of the 23rd Regiment United States Colored Troops, which is affiliated with the John J. Wright Educational and Cultural Center Museum in Spotsylvania County, Virginia.
- Upcoming Presentations: March and April 2015
- Onward from Columbia: Experiences of Union Soldiers in Sherman’s Armies
- Lexington Part II – “Our troops advanced towards them, without any intention of injuring them.” Who Fired First at Lexington?
- The Many Historical Hats of Phillip S. Greenwalt
- This Preparation of Husks: Desiccated Vegetables and the Union Army
Search by Post Categories
Subscribe BY RSS