Steward Henderson is a park ranger/historian with the Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania National Military Park. He has been in this capacity since May 2007, after spending 2 years as a volunteer. Steward retired from Sun Trust Bank as a Senior Vice President in the Retail Group of the Greater Washington Region in 2005, after a 35 year career in the financial services field. He attended Howard University, the Institute of Financial Education, the American Bankers Institute, and the Consumer Bankers Association Graduate School of Retail Bank Management. He has had a life-long interest in the Civil War and is a co-founder of the 23rd Regiment United States Colored Troops, which is affiliated with Friends of the Fredericksburg Area Battlefields and the John J. Wright Educational and Cultural Center Museum in Spotsylvania County, Virginia. Steward is also a member of the 54th Massachusetts Volunteers Co. B, the Civil War Trust, and the Central Virginia Battlefield Trust.
2022 ECW Symposium Early Bird Ticket – $200.00
- Civil War Cooking: Dr. Potter’s Fine Dining on May 31, 1863
- Saving History Saturday: Shenandoah University’s McCormick Civil War Institute Establishes Partnership with Fort Collier Civil War Center
- The “Emerging Civil War Series” Series: Richmond Shall Not Be Given Up!
- Civil War Cooking: Mrs. Robert E. Lee’s Gingerbread
- Civil War Cooking: The Lincoln Cake…According to Godey’s Lady’s Book
Search by Post Categories
Subscribe BY RSS