2021 ECW Symposium Ticket – $175
ECW Hat – $22 (Includes Shipping)
- Symposium Spotlight: Sarah Kay Bierle
- January 2021 ECW Newsletter now available!
- BookChat with Le’Trice D. Donaldson, author of Duty Beyond the Battlefield
- “On Whose Head Is This Blood?”: Union Colonels In Insane Asylums, Part 1
- Conduct Unbecoming an Officer: John B. Hood’s Efforts to Cover Up the Bad News From his Tennessee Campaign
Search by Post Categories
Subscribe BY RSS
Tag Archives: 150th Battle of Cold Harbor
“Chip, chip, chip” rang out in the predawn darkness along the stretch of lines held by Robert E. Lee’s Army of Northern Virginia. An incessant chipping sound as metal object, mostly axes, cut into Virginia timber.
As June 1, 1864 turned into the history books, both sides reevaluated the current dispositions of their respective forces; and both leaders, Ulysses S. Grant and Robert E. Lee, sidled troops to this now very critical Virginia crossroads of Cold … Continue reading