2021 ECW Symposium Ticket – $175
ECW Hat – $22 (Includes Shipping)
- Symposium Spotlight: Sarah Kay Bierle
- January 2021 ECW Newsletter now available!
- BookChat with Le’Trice D. Donaldson, author of Duty Beyond the Battlefield
- “On Whose Head Is This Blood?”: Union Colonels In Insane Asylums, Part 1
- Conduct Unbecoming an Officer: John B. Hood’s Efforts to Cover Up the Bad News From his Tennessee Campaign
Search by Post Categories
Subscribe BY RSS
Tag Archives: 4th Tennessee Cavalry
On March 21, 1865, one of the last actions of the battle of Bentonville—which, in turn, was the last major engagement between Confederate forces and Union soldiers under William T. Sherman in the Western theater—cut short another young life.
Reveling in victory, Maj. Gen. Joseph Mower watched as the enemy to his immediate front collapsed, the Confederates scampering to the rear for safety. To his immediate front, Mower could make out the buildings that constituted the village of Bentonville. … Continue reading