$155 – Early Bird Registration for 2020 ECW Symposium
- Writing “Antietam National Battlefield” for the Images of America Series
- Remembering 9/11 and the Lesson of Antietam
- “The Batteries On Each Side Ceased Firing”: Civilians In Antietam’s Cross Fire
- “The Hand of a Master”: Confederate Artillery on the Left Flank at Antietam
- ECW Podcast “Forgotten Battles” Is Now Available
Search by Post Categories
Subscribe BY RSS
Tag Archives: 4th Texas Infantry
Today we are pleased to welcome back guest author, Joe Owen. This post concludes Sergeant Val Giles’ newspaper account originally of published in the Galveston Daily News on May 16, 1897. You may read the first part here.
Today we are pleased to welcome back guest author, Joe Owen. Joe has provided an account from Sergeant Val Giles of the 4th Texas Infantry. It was originally published in The Galveston Daily News on May 16, 1897.
Today, we are pleased to welcome back guest author Joe Owen The enduring fame of General John Bell Hood’s Texas brigade in Civil War history was due in large part to a soldier of the Fourth Texas Infantry Regiment, Quarter … Continue reading