$175 – Registration for 2020 ECW Symposium
- Rosecrans, Fremont HQ For Sale…
- “Those who say they would like to visit a battlefield seldom know what they are talking about…” A Letter from Private Erskine M. Church
- Elation and Frustration: Rescuing Mexican War and Civil War Graves
- Question of the Week: 5/25-5/31/20
- A Walk Around North Anna Battlefield Park
Search by Post Categories
Subscribe BY RSS
Tag Archives: Female Soldiers
Research has shown that some women disguised themselves and joined Civil War armies. Do you have a favorite account of a Civil War female soldier? Why?
March is Women’s History Month, so… Who’s your favorite woman from the Civil War era? Why?
My father was a freeman, but my mother was a slave, belonging to William Johnson, a wealthy farmer who lived at the time I was born near Independence, Jackson County, Missouri. So begins the story of Ms. Cathay Williams, the … Continue reading