2022 ECW Symposium Early Bird Ticket – $200.00
- The “Emerging Civil War Series” Series: That Field of Blood
- Civil War Cooking: Dr. Potter’s Fine Dining on May 31, 1863
- Saving History Saturday: Shenandoah University’s McCormick Civil War Institute Establishes Partnership with Fort Collier Civil War Center
- The “Emerging Civil War Series” Series: Richmond Shall Not Be Given Up!
- Civil War Cooking: Mrs. Robert E. Lee’s Gingerbread
Search by Post Categories
Subscribe BY RSS
Tag Archives: Fort McAllister
On June 1 I defended my dissertation in History at Penn State. One week later, I turned my trusty Subaru Crosstrek south from State College and set my GPS for Savannah. What better way to celebrate six years of intensely … Continue reading
Nearing the end of his militarily unorthodox March to the Sea through the heart of Georgia, in early December 1864, Sherman approached the outer lines of Savannah cautiously. Wishing to avoid a frontal assault on the Confederate lines, which would … Continue reading
While surveying the Lakeview Cemetery in Penn Yan, NY, recently, I stumbled upon an old acquaintance – John Morrison Oliver.