2022 ECW Symposium Ticket – $225.00
- ECW Honors the American Battlefield Trust for Service in Civil War Public History
- Week in Review: August 1-7, 2022
- What If…Zachary Taylor Was Alive During the Civil War?
- What if…Garibaldi Had Commanded the Union Army?
- Saving History Saturday: Adams County Historical Society Receives $1 Million Challenge Grant
Search by Post Categories
Subscribe BY RSS
Tag Archives: Fredericksburg Occupation
(part three in a series) With the Union army occupying Fredericksburg, change was in the air, with runaway slaves and soldiers coming in and out of town, mixing freely with the citizens. Betty Herndon Maury describes the scene: Runaway Negroes … Continue reading