$155 – Early Bird Registration for 2020 ECW Symposium
- ECW Podcast “A Conversation with Charlie Knight” Is Now Available
- John Brown 160th: Who’s On The Series Header?
- “Overflowing with patriotic love for the Old Dominion and old rye whiskey…”: Western Virginia Militia Witness the Execution of John Brown
- “But his soul goes marching on.” Brown, Douglass, and the Radicals
- Question of the Week: 10/21-10/27/19
Search by Post Categories
Subscribe BY RSS
Tag Archives: George Patton
Today in 1862, Confederate General Albert Sidney Johnston was mortally wounded at the head of his troops during the Battle of Shiloh (or Pittsburg Landing). A plaque on the battlefield, placed by the War Department shortly after the park’s founding, … Continue reading
On this day in 1841, precisely 175 years ago, Major General Winfield Scott became Commanding General of the U.S. Army. He held this post for 20 years and four months, longer than any other Commanding General or U.S. Army Chief … Continue reading
George Patton famously said that “an army is a team.” Often, this statement is taken in terms of commanders and units working together, but there is another essential element that makes an army (or any headquarters) work: the command staff.