2021 ECW Symposium Ticket – $175
ECW Hat – $22 (Includes Shipping)
- January 2021 ECW Newsletter now available!
- BookChat with Le’Trice D. Donaldson, author of Duty Beyond the Battlefield
- “On Whose Head Is This Blood?”: Union Colonels In Insane Asylums, Part 1
- Conduct Unbecoming an Officer: John B. Hood’s Efforts to Cover Up the Bad News From his Tennessee Campaign
- Question of the Week: 1/25-1/31/21
Search by Post Categories
Subscribe BY RSS
Tag Archives: Kansas
(Click here to go straight to the Virtual Tour) Fort Scott, established in 1842, was a frontier military outpost in Kansas, and it was garrisoned by the U.S. Army through 1853. In 1855, local settlers were allowed to purchase the … Continue reading
August 21 marked the 156th anniversary of Missouri guerrilla chieftain William C. Quantrill’s infamous Raid on Lawrence, Kansas – one of the bloodiest and most significant irregular attacks against civilians during the American Civil War. A center of abolition and … Continue reading
Deep within a forest in Lecompton, Kansas, two large 19th-century headstones were discovered. One is believed to be of a man killed in Missouri guerrilla Capt. William Quantrill’s infamous Raid on Lawrence, Kansas in 1863.