2019 ECW Symposium Early Bird Registration – $135
- The Battle of Aiken: “Why spend the effort to write a book on a battle that didn’t last very long or have many casualties?”
- Question of the Week: 9/24-9/30/18
- Week In Review: September 16-23, 2018
- Preservation News: New Opportunity at Gettysburg’s Seminary Ridge
- ECW Weekender: Visiting Harpers Ferry
Search by Post Categories
Subscribe BY RSS
Tag Archives: Officers
March 17, 2018, was the 155th Anniversary of the Battle of Kelly’s Ford, which marks a turning point in the Union cavalry’s battlefield experiences. Who is your favorite Union cavalry officer? (Doesn’t have to be a general.)
In your opinion, who was the best general or officer at the Battle of Fredericksburg? Why?
This is the second of two posts regarding soldier-artists and their depictions of the experience of battle. Part I may be found here. To appreciate the extent that images such as Adolph Metzner’s Cozy corner defied the conventions of mainstream art, it … Continue reading
This is the first of two posts regarding soldier-artists and their depictions of the experience of battle. “Pshaw. It’s no use, they can’t picture a battle,” exclaimed the young son of Reverend A. M. Stewart of the 102nd Pennsylvania Volunteers, a … Continue reading
September 17th was the 155th Anniversary of the Battle of Antietam. Do you have a favorite regiment or officer who fought at that battle?