2019 ECW Symposium Registration – $155
- Week In Review: May 12-19, 2019
- The Battle of Spotsylvania Court House 155 Years Ago
- Lydie Clinedinst & Moses Ezekiel: A Devoted Friendship Begun at New Market
- Saving History Saturday: Honor Those Who Gave the Ultimate Sacrifice By Preserving Their Legacies
- ECW Weekender: Museum of East Tennessee History
Search by Post Categories
Subscribe BY RSS
Tag Archives: quotes
Keeping with our blog tradition, ECW takes this opportunity to highlight voices of modern women working in the history field and biographies or accounts about women from the Civil War era. In the coming weeks, you’ll occasionally find articles by … Continue reading
As we wrap up Emerging Civil War’s 2018 Artillery Series, here’s a historical quote for consideration:
The Siege of Vicksburg took place during May, June, and the early days of July in 1863. Is there a particular soldier/civilian account or quote that stands out to you for its insight or irony from this siege?
With all the talk of resolutions at this time of year, I’m reminded of one of Stonewall Jackson’s favorite maxims: “You may be whatever you resolve to be.” I don’t know if you’re one of those folks who make New … Continue reading
Join the fun… Meg Groeling and Sarah Kay Bierle were talking about quote-able lines from movies. So here’s some Civil War pop-culture: What’s your favorite quote-able line from Gone With The Wind?
Happy Fourth of July! What’s your favorite patriotic quote from the Civil War era? Why?