Third Annual ECW Symposium Admission
- “Five Days of Awful Fighting”: A Brief Summary of the Cavalry Operations at Cold Harbor
- Lunsford Lindsay Lomax or Lindsay Lunsford Lomax?
- Penn Yan, NY, Cemetery Yields Old Acquaintance
- 3 Days Left To Register For CA Civil War Conference!
- A Word on Behalf of Preservation from the Banks of the North Anna
Search by Post Categories
Subscribe BY RSS
Tag Archives: Richard Garnett
Today, we are pleased to welcome guest author Mike Block Distracted. I don’t believe the words “Stonewall Jackson” and “distracted” have been used in the same sentence. So, it might come as a surprise when I state that Stonewall Jackson … Continue reading
Today we welcome back guest author William F. Floyd, Jr. William worked for forty years for the City of Norfolk. In his retirement, he’s now pursuing the study of history at Tidewater Community College. * * * Lewis A. Armistead was … Continue reading
Approximately 45 miles southeast of Fredericksburg, Virginia, sits the town of Tappahannock. The name originates from the Algonquian word lappihane (or, it has also been noted, toppehannock). When translated, it means roughly “Town on the rise and fall of water.” The town is better … Continue reading