Sean Michael Chick graduated from University of New Orleans with a Bachelor of Arts in History and Communications and from Southeastern Louisiana University with a Master of Arts in History. He served as a teaching assistant in the history department at University of Kentucky and currently works in New Orleans, leading historic tours of his hometown and helping residents and visitors appreciate the city’s past.
Chick has presented at various Civil War Round Tables. Chick has published The Battle of Petersburg, June 15-18, 1864. He is currently working on books for the Emerging Civil War Series. Chick has also been involved in historic board game development and design since 2011, including the Horse & Musket series. Chick’s research interests include P.G.T. Beauregard, the Petersburg Campaign, New Orleans during the Civil War, the Army of Tennessee, and Civil War tactics in relation to linear tactics from 1685-1866.
The Battle of Petersburg, June 15-18, 1864 (Potomac Books, 2015)
- Country Roads
- Paper Wars
- NOLA Defender
- Blue & Gray Magazine
- Across Four Oceans
- Hold the Line: Frederick’s War
- The Beast at the Gates: Drewry’s Bluff 1864
- Hell in the Pacific: Plan Orange 1931 and 1935
- Nine Years: The War of the Grand Alliance 1688-1697
- Horse & Musket: Dawn of an Era
- Cruel Morning: Shiloh 1862
- Pemberton & Grant: Vicksburg Campaign of 1863