$175 – Registration for 2020 ECW Symposium
- BookChat with Judkin Browning and Timothy Silver, authors of An Environmental History of the Civil War
- The Civil War Zoom Boom, part four: Ulysses S. Grant National Historic Site
- Sacred Duty – Sherman Honors Thomas E.G. Ransom
- Question of the Week: 6/1-6/7/2020
- Bucklin’s Hospital & Camp: “Go home! Not while strength lasted” (Part 10)
Search by Post Categories
Subscribe BY RSS
Tag Archives: Confedeate leadership western theater
In the latest episode of the ECW Podcast, Dave Powell talked about Confederate leadership during the Battle of Chickamauga. This episode is a companion to his discussion on Union leadership a couple weeks earlier. (This podcast is available to ECW … Continue reading
April 1862. Confederate leadership. Braxton Bragg – the odd man out. Today, we’ve collected some blog posts from our archives to pair with the new podcast from last week. Did you have a chance to hear Chris M. and Chris … Continue reading
In April 1862, Confederate command in Tennessee consisted of a constellation of stars—and Braxton Bragg. Chris Mackowski and Chris Kolakowski discuss the rock stars and the odd man out in our newest podcast!
In your opinion, who was the best battlefield commander at the Battle of Shiloh? Why?
When the Army of Tennessee returned to its namesake Confederate state in November 1864, the chance to provide a glimmer of hope for the South in the West marched with it. By early December, that same force was decimated after … Continue reading