$155 – Early Bird Registration for 2020 ECW Symposium
- Gen. Jackson and Mr. Hyde: Which Account of Stonewall Jackson at Harpers Ferry is the Correct One?
- Saving History Saturday: Civil War Ordnance Found In South Carolina and Missouri
- ECW Weekender: Exploring Columbus, Georgia with Kennesaw State University’s Upcoming Bus Tour
- Book Review: Searching for Stonewall by Ben Cleary
- The Tale of a Troublesome Harp, According to Henry K. Douglas
Search by Post Categories
Subscribe BY RSS
Tag Archives: Friends of Grant Cottage
Today is the anniversary of Ulysses S. Grant’s death in 1885. He died just days after finishing his memoirs—a writing project he undertook to save his family from destitution as he was dying of throat cancer. It’s a compelling story. … Continue reading
The clock at Grant Cottage still reads 8:08—the time of Ulysses S. Grant’s death on the morning of July 23, 1885.