$175 – Registration for 2020 ECW Symposium
- BookChat with Thomas Brown, author of Civil War Monuments and the Militarization of America
- Civil War & Pop Culture: “Like I said, the war was rough through here.” Thoughts on the film Pharaoh’s Army
- Symposium Spotlight: Dave Powell
- ECW Podcast “Chickamauga: Confederate Leadership” Is Now Available
- Birthplace of Stonewall Jackson
Search by Post Categories
Subscribe BY RSS
Tag Archives: lesser known battles
What “lesser-known” battle site are you planning to visit (or have visited) this summer? Yes, the North Anna Tour yesterday at the ECW Symposium counts! Let us know what you learned on site.
Ever entertain yourself by Googling history that you already know the answer to? Or try to test the public knowledge of a subject by seeing what comes up in an internet search? It’s fascinating, and at least a couple of … Continue reading
This isn’t exactly a battlefield…but it’s a “forgotten” place with military significance and the site of a few skirmishes. Can you name the location? Here are a few clues:
Ryan Quint’s new book on the Battle of Monocacy has us thinking about “lesser-known battles.” What’s your favorite lesser-known battle to study or battlefield to visit?