$155 – Early Bird Registration for 2020 ECW Symposium
- Question of the Week: 9/16-9/22/19
- Week In Review: September 9-15, 2019
- Gen. Jackson and Mr. Hyde: Which Account of Stonewall Jackson at Harpers Ferry is the Correct One?
- Saving History Saturday: Civil War Ordnance Found In South Carolina and Missouri
- ECW Weekender: Exploring Columbus, Georgia with Kennesaw State University’s Upcoming Bus Tour
Search by Post Categories
Subscribe BY RSS
Tag Archives: lesser known battles
What “lesser-known” battle site are you planning to visit (or have visited) this summer? Yes, the North Anna Tour yesterday at the ECW Symposium counts! Let us know what you learned on site.
Ever entertain yourself by Googling history that you already know the answer to? Or try to test the public knowledge of a subject by seeing what comes up in an internet search? It’s fascinating, and at least a couple of … Continue reading
This isn’t exactly a battlefield…but it’s a “forgotten” place with military significance and the site of a few skirmishes. Can you name the location? Here are a few clues:
Ryan Quint’s new book on the Battle of Monocacy has us thinking about “lesser-known battles.” What’s your favorite lesser-known battle to study or battlefield to visit?