2022 ECW Symposium Early Bird Ticket – $200.00
- Week in Review: November 22-27, 2021
- The “Emerging Civil War Series” Series: That Field of Blood
- Civil War Cooking: Dr. Potter’s Fine Dining on May 31, 1863
- Saving History Saturday: Shenandoah University’s McCormick Civil War Institute Establishes Partnership with Fort Collier Civil War Center
- The “Emerging Civil War Series” Series: Richmond Shall Not Be Given Up!
Search by Post Categories
Subscribe BY RSS
Tag Archives: lesser known battles
What “lesser-known” battle site are you planning to visit (or have visited) this summer? Yes, the North Anna Tour yesterday at the ECW Symposium counts! Let us know what you learned on site.
Ever entertain yourself by Googling history that you already know the answer to? Or try to test the public knowledge of a subject by seeing what comes up in an internet search? It’s fascinating, and at least a couple of … Continue reading
This isn’t exactly a battlefield…but it’s a “forgotten” place with military significance and the site of a few skirmishes. Can you name the location? Here are a few clues:
Ryan Quint’s new book on the Battle of Monocacy has us thinking about “lesser-known battles.” What’s your favorite lesser-known battle to study or battlefield to visit?