$155 – Early Bird Registration for 2020 ECW Symposium
- Site of Stonewall Jackson’s Death Gets New Name
- Writing “Antietam National Battlefield” for the Images of America Series
- Remembering 9/11 and the Lesson of Antietam
- “The Batteries On Each Side Ceased Firing”: Civilians In Antietam’s Cross Fire
- “The Hand of a Master”: Confederate Artillery on the Left Flank at Antietam
Search by Post Categories
Subscribe BY RSS
Tag Archives: Manassas National Battlefield
Next week – August 28-30 – will mark the anniversary of the Second Battle of Bull Run in 1862. Are you heading to Northern Virginia for commemorations or just driving through the area?
The concentration of this year’s ECW Symposium will examine great defensive stands of the American Civil War. The multi-day event will look at numerous commanders, command decisions, and battlefields along the way, including both theaters of the conflict. For me, … Continue reading
While I enjoy landscape photography, my favorite images to “shoot” are detail-oriented. As I sorted through my own image archives, I tried to figure out why my travel photo files of battlefields are intermixed with pictures of barn rafters, porch flags, … Continue reading
During my battlefield trips, I enjoying taking the “classic” cannon photos. Though serene battlefield markers today, these artillery pieces caused fearsome destruction during the Civil War.
First in a series The dawn of a legend: “There stands Jackson like a stone wall…”