2022 ECW Symposium Early Bird Ticket – $200.00
- A Most Terrible Scene: A Collision on the B&O and One Regiment’s Deadliest Day
- The “Emerging Civil War Series” Series: To Hazard All
- “The Daylight of Deliverance” – Nathaniel Lyon Responds to the 1860 Election Results
- Question of the Week: 11/29-11/5/21
- The “Emerging Civil War Series” Series: Attack at Daylight and Whip Them
Search by Post Categories
Subscribe BY RSS
Tag Archives: What if?
While Chris and I were out on the battlefield the other day, we got to wondering what would happen if General Philip Sheridan and General Thomas Jackson met on the battlefield in 1864? This scenario had never been brought up … Continue reading
What if General John Sedgwick had not been killed at the Battle of Spotsylvania Court House?
What if Albert S. Johnston had not died at Shiloh? What do you think he might have attempted for defense in the Western Theater?
What is your favorite “what if?” of the Civil War?
The 155th Anniversary of the Battle of Chancellorsville is coming up, so what if… What if General Hooker hadn’t stopped and waited in the Wilderness area near Chancellor House? What could have happened if he kept moving?
What if… If McClellan hadn’t been appointed to command the Army of the Potomac, who should have been commander and how would he have pressed an attack “on to Richmond”?
Emerging Civil War welcomes back guest author Frank Jastrzembski My first knowledge of General Kearny came about ten years ago, around the age of nineteen. My grandmother purchased for me a reissued copy of Ezra J. Warner’s excellent Generals in … Continue reading