The Riddick House at Stevenson Ridge will play host to our First Annual Emerging Civil War Symposium at Stevenson Ridge. Please join us August 15-17, 2014 for this all inclusive event. The symposium will focus on “The War in 1864.”
Lecturers and Tour Guides:
- Daniel T. Davis—”More Desperate Fighting Has Not Been Witness on this Continent.”: Ulysses S. Grant and the Overland Campaign
- Phillip Greenwalt—From “Old Bald Head” to “Lee’s Bad Old Man”: A Study of the Second Corps, Army of Northern Virginia in 1864
- Chris Kolakowski—1864: The Last Stand of the Confederate Navy
- Chris Mackowski—An in-depth tour of the Spotsylvania Court House Battlefield
- Meg Thompson—A Bad Month for the President: Campaigning the Election of ’64
- Kristopher White—A tour of the Wilderness and Spotsylvania Court House Battlefields
- Lee White—”To die like men”: Patrick Cleburne and the Tennessee Campaign of 1864
- Eric Wittenberg—The Trevilian Station Raid
- (Also joining us for the Friday roundtable discussion is author David A. Powell and publisher/author Theodore P. Savas.)
Click here for a full schedule of events.
- One all inclusive ticket is just $55.00 per person. Click here to register.
- Stevenson Ridge is located on the Spotsylvania Court House Battlefield, 12 miles south of Fredericksburg, Virginia. Click here for a map.
Click here for full details of the event.