This gun line marks the location of A.P. Hill’s division on the morning of Sept. 15, 1862, during the final hours of the Battle of Harpers Ferry. The previous night Hill’s men had marched along the Federals’ left flank, dragged some 20 guns up a sheer-faced cliff, and positioned them to enfilade the Unionists in the morning.
2021 ECW Symposium Ticket – $175
ECW Hat – $22 (Includes Shipping)
- Fort Fisher: The Last Bastion
- The Confederate Army Never Invaded the U. S. Capitol. On January 6, 2021, Their Battle Flag Was There.
- If Grant Goes East, I Will Follow…
- The Civil War in Surprising Places – Emily Dickinson’s Poetry and the Pop Culture Delights of Dickinson
- Book Review: Wisconsin at Antietam: The Badger State’s Sacrifice on America’s Bloodiest Day
Search by Post Categories
Subscribe BY RSS