Tools of the Trade

Harpers Ferry

This gun line marks the location of A.P. Hill’s division on the morning of Sept. 15, 1862, during the final hours of the Battle of Harpers Ferry. The previous night Hill’s men had marched along the Federals’ left flank, dragged some 20 guns up a sheer-faced cliff, and positioned them to enfilade the Unionists in the morning.

This entry was posted in Arms & Armaments, Battles and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply