The eighth-most-read post of 2014 was a review Chris Mackowski posted on January 22, 2014. The book, by Frank P. Varney, offered a behind-the-scenes look at the ways Ulysses S. Grant compiled and sometimes manipulated the historical record when he wrote his memoirs—often at the expense of rival William S. Rosecrans.
2023 ECW Symposium Early Bird Ticket – $200.00
- Civil War Medicine: Florence Nightingale, The Influencer
- Fort Harrison: What can a little-known fort teach us?
- Echoes of Reconstruction: Confederate Jubal Early Explains the Cause of the Civil War (part two)
- “Always willing to bear his part of the danger and hardship of his fellow soldiers”: A Story from Winchester National Cemetery
- ECW’s September 2022 Newsletter Now Available
Search by Post Categories
Subscribe BY RSS