Question of the Week: 1/2-1/8/17
How about some setting some goals or dreams for the new year? Complete the list for yourself in a comment!
- In 2017, this Civil War book is #1 on my “to-read” list…
- In 2017, I’d like to visit (battlefield or other historic site)…
- In 2017, I want to attend (conference, concert, re-enactment, or other event)…
- In 2017, I plan to support (preservation, education, research initiative)…
- In 2017, I’m going to (something fun, wonderful, or slightly crazy)…
6 Responses to Question of the Week: 1/2-1/8/17
I want to finish my research and book about Dutch-born soldiers in the Civil War after my visit this year to the USA and some archives and battlefields.
In 2017, this Civil War book is #1 on my “to-read” list… “Your Friend Forever, A. Lincoln” by Charles Strozier
In 2017, I’d like to visit (battlefield or other historic site)… Antietam
In 2017, I want to attend (conference, concert, re-enactment, or other event)…Remembrance Day at Gettysburg
In 2017, I plan to support (preservation, education, research initiative)…I haven’t decided yet but I’ll find one
In 2017, I’m going to (something fun, wonderful, or slightly crazy)…road trip to see Civil War sites. It could get crazy depending on who I go with 😉
1. I must first develop further as a small group discussion leader, having assumed the role of group leader of our Tennessee Valley Civil War Round Table “deeper look” discussion group, The Little Round Table.
2. Lead at least one battlefield tour with The Round Table, and support Alabama A&M ROTC staff ride of Chickamauga Battlefield.
3. Read Holzer’s “Lincoln: President Elect.” Start with Powell’s Chickamauga trilogy.
1.In 2017, this Civil War book is #1 on my “to-read” list: “Lee” by Douglas S. Freeman
2.In 2017, I’d like to visit Fort Tejon, CA
3.In 2017, I want to attend West Coast CWRT Conference
4.In 2017, I plan to support Shenandoah Valley Battlefield Foundation
5.In 2017, I’m going to attempt to walk or bike 646 miles which is the generally accepted distance of Jackson’s Valley Campaign in 1862.
1. The #1 book on my To-Read” list is by Ward Hill Lamon–The Life of Abraham Lincoln, from His Birth to His Inauguration as President.
2. I will be visiting several sites in CA that are pre-Civil War-oriented. The first is Sherman’s office in Monterey.
3. I want to attend the West Coast CWRT conference, and the Temecula Civil War Conference.
4. I will continue to support the Civil War Battlefield Trust.
5. I am starting a new Central Coast CWRT–“Not your Uncle Bob’s CWRT!” (Wish me luck, and come on by!).
1. Finish ‘Seizing Destiny’ & walking/reading ‘A Want of Vigilance’ followed by ‘Grant’s Last Battle’
2. Sharpsburg/Antietam & many trips to the Stations- Bristoe & Brandy
3. Going with the 2017 ECW Symposium in August as the event
4. Continued caring for Ellwood Manor, it’s Grounds and the Wilderness Tract where I’m constructing a large firepit for the Scouts & FoWB
5. Attend my wild Godchild’s wedding in Estes Park Colorado amid a vacation seeing old friends and family.