Question of the Week: 1/7-1/13/18

It’s a new year…so what’s on your 2019 Civil War History bucket list?

This entry was posted in Question of the Week and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Question of the Week: 1/7-1/13/18

1. hanspostcard says:

At least a half dozen trips to Gettysburg.

2. John Pryor says:

My yearly pilgrimage to Gettysburg, more engagement with Civil War issues in my own community and local newspaper, and the Emerging Civil War Conference in August.

Shiloh. Several times over the past 7 years or so I drove past that on my way out west and back. For various reasons I couldn’t or didn’t go. Shiloh and/or Hawaii this year! Keep your fingers crossed. If I win a lottery they will be visited, along with so much more.

4. Thomas Pilla says:

It’s not on my bucket list but it certainly is on my to-do list, attend the April CVBT annual meeting in Fredericksburg. Can’t wait

5. Jean Hutchinson says:

Not a trip, just a goal – to make more time to chip away at my To Read pile of Civil War books.

6. Larry De Maar says:

I am planning on going to the Emerging Civil War Symposium in 2019, it will be my first time. I have signed up for the ECW podcasts, wonderful. I have all the ECW books so far and will try to keep up when the new ones come out. I hope to visit battlefields before or after the Symposium.

7. Charles S Martin says:

Walk the field at Gettysburg with several co-workers who don’t say “Enough already” when I start talking about the Civil War.

8. Richard Rosenfeldt says:

writing my second book on Gettysburg, the first one titled Don’t Bring On A General Engagement is doing well.

9. Drew Gruber says:

All this Gettysburg, Gettysburg, Gettysburg. Geesch. Hows about Williamsburg? All joking aside, I really want to visit Averasboro, and Philippi this year.

I plan on attending the Bull Runnings offering on the 69th NY and other assorted Irish frivolities on May 11. Irish historian Damien Sheils will be speaking, so this is a once-in-a-lifetime chance for me to bend his ear about the 11th New York as well as the 69th.