The April 2020 Emerging Civil War newsletter hit inboxes today. If you didn’t get a copy, you can read it here.
We’re spending a lot of time on audiobooks in this issue, but we have plenty of other cool stuff to talk about, too. Here’s what’s inside:
- Editor-in-Chief Chris Mackowski talks about audiobooks, the English canon, long commutes, and a love of listening. (That’s him, right, recording the audiobook version of Strike Them a Blow: Battle Along the North Anna.)
- Publisher Ted Savas goes “Behind the Scenes at ECW” to explain why the Emerging Civil War Series has lent itself especially well to the audiobook format.
- ECW’s new Treasurer, Kevin Pawlak, answers “10 Questions” about the Bristoe Station Battlefield, a Civil War hospital, guiding at Antietam, writing books, and John Brown.
- Derek Maxfield publishes his first book, Hellmira: The North’s Most Infamous Civil War Camp—Elmira, NY.
- The Emerging Rev War guys recap April’s Rev War history AND get jiggy with it in their new online ERW Rev War Roundtable.
Plus, we have details on our Civil War Fantasy Draft with the American Battlefield Trust, a Symposium update (August 7-9, 2020—we’re still on!), and a complete list of our ECWS audiobooks. Plus, we give you another chance to buy an official ECW ballcap!
Don’t forget to subscribe by clicking the big blue button at the top that says “Join Our Email List.” We’d love to keep in contact with you that way! (If you think you should’ve gotten it but didn’t, please check your spam filer and junk mail folder to be sure we didn’t get misdirected!)