$155 – Early Bird Registration for 2020 ECW Symposium
- ECW Podcast “A Conversation with Charlie Knight” Is Now Available
- John Brown 160th: Who’s On The Series Header?
- “Overflowing with patriotic love for the Old Dominion and old rye whiskey…”: Western Virginia Militia Witness the Execution of John Brown
- “But his soul goes marching on.” Brown, Douglass, and the Radicals
- Question of the Week: 10/21-10/27/19
Search by Post Categories
Subscribe BY RSS
Tag Archives: Clement Vallandigham
1860’s Politics: After All These Years, Why Do We Think President McClellan Would Have Given the Rebels an Armistice?
Approaching the 1864 Northern presidential election, students of the Atlanta Campaign tend to focus on how Sherman’s capture of the city on Sept. 2, 1864 helped President Lincoln win re-election. Conversely, we ponder Southerners’ hopes that the Democratic candidate, Maj. … Continue reading
Emerging Civil War is pleased to welcome guest author David T. Dixon The current presidential contest reminds us that politics is indeed a blood sport. Those expressing regret that negative campaign ads and nasty election rhetoric are unfortunate indicators of … Continue reading
As part of our fifth anniversary, Emerging Civil War is pleased to inaugurate a new Roundtable of the Year Award. The first recipient of this award is the Mahoning Valley Civil War Roundtable in Boardman, Ohio. “The folks with the … Continue reading