First Annual Emerging Civil War Symposium at Stevenson Ridge
“The Civil War in 1864″
Please join us for the First Annual Emerging Civil War Symposium at Stevenson Ridge. The theme of this years symposium is “The Civil War in 1864″. Below are details pertaining to the August 15-17 event, as well as a schedule of events.
- August 15-17, 2014
- One all inclusive ticket is just $55.00 per person. Click here to register.
- Stevenson Ridge. Stevenson Ridge is located on the Spotsylvania Court House Battlefield, 12 miles south of Fredericksburg, Virginia. Click here for a map.
- Friday night roundtable discussion emceed by Chris Mackowski.
- Author book signing events.
- Saturday lecture series, with keynote presentation by Eric J. Wittenberg.
- Sunday tours of the Wilderness and Spotsylvania Battlefields.
- Door prizes.
- Welcome Gift Bag
Included with Registration:
- Friday night welcome reception and roundtable discussion, with hors d’oeuvres and cash bar.
- Saturday lecture series, morning coffee service, lunch, afternoon snack and author signing event.
- Sunday car caravan tours of the Wilderness and Spotsylvania Court House Battlefields.
Lecturers and Tour Guides: (Bio pages and details on each presentation coming soon.)
- Daniel T. Davis
- Phillip Greenwalt
- Chris Kolakowski
- Chris Mackowski
- Meg Thompson
- Kristopher White
- Lee White
- Eric Wittenberg
- (Also joining us for the Friday roundtable discussion is author David A. Powell and publisher/author Theodore P. Savas.)
- Stevenson Ridge has a number of packages for symposium participants, which include a Two Night Stay for Two: $415; a Two Night Stay for Four $650. Please call Stevenson Ridge at (540)-482-6263
- Emerging Civil War will also have a block of rooms at an offsite hotel. Room rates and availability will be posted soon.
- Before June 30: 100% Refund
- July 1-July 31: 50% Refund
- August 1-After: 0% Refund
We would like to thank the sponsors of this event:
- Stevenson Ridge
- Savas Beatie, LLC
- Blue and Gray Magazine
- The Fredericksburg Area Museum and Cultural Center
- Darby Downs Equestrian Center
- Civil War Brigade Legends
*Proceeds from the symposium support battlefield preservation.
Registration and Schedule of Events: