Did you get your February 2017 Emerging Civil War newsletter? The newsletter went out this morning via email, so if you were expecting one but didn’t get one, check your spam folder or junk mail. (I promise, we’re not junk!) If you don’t receive the newsletter but would like to, you can subscribe by following a link on the newsletter itself.
In this month’s issue:
- a recap of our recent ECW retreat
- 10 questions with Ryan Quint (author of the brand-spanking-new ECWS book Determined to Stand and Fight: The Battle of Monocacy)
- a look ahead at Women’s History Month
- an update on the Fourth Annual Emerging Civil War Symposium at Stevenson Ridge
- news and notes
- thoughts about pending fatherhood from editor-in-chief Chris Mackowski.
This month’s cover photo is in honor of Black History Month. Do you know where it was taken? Last month’s photo comes from Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania National Military Park, on the grounds of the park’s headquarters at Chatham Manor.