This week, we’re please to make available to our readers and viewers the presentations from last month’s Emerging Civil War virtual symposium.
We want to give a big shout-out to symposium co-coordinators Kevin Pawlak and Dan Welch for pulling together the event in the wake of our difficult decision to postpone our annual in-person symposium to next year. Also, a special huge “thanks” to ECW co-founder Kris White, who served as the technical director for the virtual symposium–we could not have pulled off the event without him.
We’ll release videos over the course of this week, one per evening, in the following order:
- Mark Maloy: The First Shots of the Civil War in Charleston Harbor
- Kevin Pawlak: In the Wake of Antietam: The Loudoun Valley Campaign of 1862
- Sarah Kay Bierle: “We’re the boys who rode around McClellan” The Chambersburg Raid of 1862
- Dan Welch: “Where all so well did their duty” George Greene’s Brigade at Gettysburg
- Derek Maxfield: Hellmira: The Union’s Most Infamous Civil War Prison Camp
- Paige Gibbons Backus: A Fight for Life or Death: Carnage in the Medical Field During Civil War