Simply Murder: The New, Expanded Edition Now Available
Today is the 155th anniversary of the battle of Fredericksburg. Because many ECW historians are based in the Fredericksburg area or have worked at Fredericksburg & Spotsylvania National Military Park, we’ve written about the battle of Fredericksburg a lot over the years (check out some of those posts here).
But if you want a one-stop-shop for the battle of Fredericksburg, we’re pleased to report that a new, expanded edition of our very first Emerging Civil War Series book has just been released: Simply Murder: The Battle of Fredericksburg, Dec. 13, 1862, co-authored by ECW founders Chris Mackowski and Kris White.
What’s new in the book? We’re glad you asked!
Now at 192 pages (instead of the original 168), the new edition of Simply Murder features
- 38 new photos
- 4 new maps, including two Civil War Trust maps
- a new appendix on Fredericksburg National Cemetery by Donald C. Pfanz
- a new appendix on the civilians of Fredericksburg during the war by Ryant Quint, with an expanded section of civilian-related sites
- a new appendix on the battle of Second Fredericksburg by Chris Mackowski
- a new appendix on the Civil War Trust’s preservation of the Slaughter Pen Farm
- tour updates to reflect changes on the battlefield since the book was first issued in Dec. 2012.
And while we’re talking about book offers, check out the latest e-book deal from Amazon, good in December only: Doug Crenshaw’s Richmond Shall Not Be Given Up: The Seven Days’ Battles.
1 Response to Simply Murder: The New, Expanded Edition Now Available