Question of the Week: 12/9-12/15/19

We’re working on our holiday gift lists…and we’re curious: what books are on your wish list? There have been so many new releases for Civil War titles this year and of course a gazillion of publications about the war since 1861. What are you wishing for?

This entry was posted in Books & Authors, Question of the Week and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Question of the Week: 12/9-12/15/19

1. Oh, the list is massive. Some highlights are “Shenandoah 1862 : Stonewall Jackson’s Valley Campaign” by Peter Cozzens, “The Stones River and Tullahoma Campaigns : This Army Does Not Retreat” by Christopher L. Kolakowski (in prep for visiting Stones River in January), “Aberration of Mind : Suicide and Suffering in the Civil War-Era South” by Diane Miller Sommerville, and “This Grand Experiment : When Women Entered the Federal Workforce in Civil War-Era Washington, D. C.” by Jessica Ziparo. But those are just a few.

2. F. Norman Vickers says:

My Christmas wish list:
    ]Vicksburg by Donald L. Miller and Reconstruction by Eric Foner.

Thanks.

F. Norman Vickers
    Civil War Roundtable, Pensacola, FL.

3. Charles Stanley Martin says:

Not a book, but Wm. Britain miniatures to build the Battle of Fort Stevens diorama in my office

4. John Foskett says:

Marvel’s biography of Fitz John Porter. Okay, there isn’t even an ETA from UNC Press (maybe because it’s not done yet) but I want it now. Lots of challenging stuff for the author (a noted contrarian) to take on. Lots.

• Kevin Pawlak says:

John, I concur with you on that!

• John Foskett says:

Kevin: We could always head to Chapel Hill and stage a sit-in until we at least get some galleys. Marvel was quoted in his local (Conway NH) newspaper last winter in which he mentioned this in the course of a letter to the editor about some local governmental dispute.

5. DC says:

My ultimate dream gift is a complete set of OR’s. Santa would need to add some extra suspension to his sleigh. But he’s Santa and I have the utmost confidence in his ability and command presence this time of year to make it happen. Of course I’d settle for a signed copy of Chris Mack’s Mine Run book. Who knows, maybe my wish comes true if I can make it to Stevenson Ridge this August.

Merry Christmas to Everyone at ECW!

6. Pingback: Week In Review: December 9-15, 2019 | Emerging Civil War