Last week’s podcast episode brought you a conversation with Sarah Kay Bierle, Chris Mackowski, and Dan Welch about women during the Civil War and some of the best primary sources written by the ladies. We’ve collected details about the mentioned books and a few other articles from the ECW archives.
And if you haven’t heard the podcast yet, it’s available by subscription at Patreon.
- The Ties of the Past : The Gettysburg Diaries of Salome Myers Stewart, 1854-1922. By Salome Myers Stewart; Thomas Publications, 2013.
- The Civil War Journal of Mary Greenhow Lee. By Mary Greenhow Lee, edited by Eloise C. Strader; Winchester-Frederick County Historical Society, 2011.
- Winchester Divided: The Civil War Diaries of Julia Chase & Laura Lee. By Julia Chase, Laura Lee, edited by Michael G. Mahon; Stackpole Books, 2002.
- Diary of a Union Lady, 1861-1865. By Maria Lydig Daly; University of Nebraska Press.
- Mary Chesnut’s Civil War. By Mary Chesnut, edited by C. Vann Woodward.